TWIN DOLPHINS, LLC
By entering this property with the provided code, you are accepting the terms of this short-term rental agreement:
VACATION RENTAL CONTRACT This vacation rental contract is a legal agreement between Twin Dolphins, LLC (also
referred to as the “Homeowners” and “Owner” and “Landlord” and “Property Manager”) and you, the Renters (also referred to as “Tenants” and “Guests”). This contract is entered into agreement as of the date when the Renters place their reservation online and the reservation is screened and accepted by the Homeowner. The Homeowner will notify the Renters by email when their reservation is accepted. Owner reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
– NO SMOKING ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY INCL. POOL PATIO
– NO STREET PARKING
– NO PARTIES, QUIET AFTER 10PM
– BE RESPECTFUL TO NEIGHBORS/RESIDENTS
If the Police is called out to the property (as a result of a complaint about current renters), the damage deposit will be forfeited.
All bookings and payments should be made through HomeAway/VRBO, Air BnB. No bookings or payments are accepted outside of these services. Security Deposit will be automatically refunded as per booking service terms (usually 5-9 days). A claim against the security deposit will be made if:
Property is excessively dirty and/or trash and dirty dishes are left ($100)
Any major* damage/loss (up to $350)
Late checkout ($100/ 30 min past 10am)
Lost Garage Remote ($35)
Any evidence of smoking on the property, inside or out (up to $350)
Cleaning & Linen Service Policy:
The home is provided with pillows, linens, blankets, towels, kitchen towels, comforters, hand towels & washcloths
including extras located in closets. A cleaning service to clean the house and linens on your departure is included on your invoice. You are responsible that all debris, rubbish and discards are placed in plastic bags and transferred to the large trashcans by the road, and soiled dishes and cooking utensils are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. It is standard for beds to be made for Guests’ arrival as part of the linen and cleaning service. The home is provided with a starter set of toilet paper & paper towels. Owners do not guarantee that these extra items will always be available, and guests may need to replenish their own paper goods, toiletries, & laundry detergent, etc.
Rental Agreement: We, the Renters (also referred to as “Tenants” and “Guests”) agree to the following:
1) PAYMENT DUE: All rental monies are due according to the payment schedule disclosed by the booking and payment service you selected.
2) CANCELATION: 30 DAYS or LESS before check‐in, Renters will forfeit the total rental. The total rental includes all charges on the paid‐in‐full invoice. Renter may mitigate this loss by purchasing Travel Insurance or Cancel for Any
Reason insurance offered by from a third‐party provider. CANCELATION 31 DAYS or MORE before check‐in, Renters will receive a REFUND of 50% of amounts paid less any travel insurance fee and minus other booking service fees
that may apply. EARLY DEPARTURE – There are NO REFUNDS for EARLY DEPARTURE.
3) HURRICANES & TROPICAL STORMS: There are NO REFUNDS for
hurricanes, tropical storms or weather conditions, unless a mandatory evacuation is
ordered for Indian Rocks Beach (optional travel insurance should be obtained
for Renter’s protection or Renter may
obtain through a third party). Renter ASSUMES THE RISK.
*major damage/loss determined by owner.
4) CONDITION OF PROPERTY: Owners have, to the best of their ability, given an accurate description of the property and its condition. Guest understands that it is considered as reserved “sight unseen”. Our cleaning staff will have cleaned it before your occupancy. All electrical, plumbing and appliances should be in working order. The failures of operation of certain extra amenities, such as TVs, cable, games, or the Internet and WiFi service are not a basis for any refund. Owner will make every effort to have these items repaired but does not guarantee that they will be repaired during Guests occupancy. When you arrive, if you find that the house has not been cleaned to normal standards please notify the Owner immediately. We will do our best to have tradesmen attend to the problems but may not be able to fix everything over holidays and weekends. Under no circumstances will any of the rental money be refunded or returned because of the condition of the house. The Guest agrees to hold the Owner harmless from any liability for the condition of the house. Due to the nature of waterfront properties, the sand, stairs, decks and concrete are not always stable. Use at your own risk.
5) CLEANING & REPAIRS: All homes have cleaning included in the total rent. Please note that cleaning does not include dishes & cooking utensils. Guest agrees to keep house, furniture and furnishings in good order. Removing,
adding or changing furniture without Owner’s written approval shall be deemed a material breach of this Rental Agreement, strictly prohibited, and may forfeit the security/damage deposit. Guest is responsible for cost of replacement of any damage to furniture or premises and replacement of missing items. Under no circumstances can any furnishing or linen be taken outside onto the beach except for those items specifically mentioned in paragraph 8.
6) ENTRY OF PREMISES: With Guest’s permission, or under extenuating circumstances, including, but not limited to; neighbor complaints, law enforcement request, Owner or Owner’s representative may enter the premises during reasonable daylight hours without securing prior permission from Guest, but shall give Guest notice of such entry immediately prior if possible. In any emergency, Owner or Owner’s servicing agents may enter the premises at any time without permission of Guest for the purposes of making repairs to alleviate such emergency. If Guest abandons or vacates premises, Owner may, at his option, terminate this agreement, re‐enter the premises and remove all Guest’s property. We understand that Renters are on vacation and do not wish to be disturbed. However, maintenance is a big part of keeping the property in good working order, free of pests and mold, and the pool inviting and balanced. Renters are expected to grant maintenance crews access to the property. We have the following crews visiting on a regular basis: Lawn care, Pool Maintenance, Pest Control. Usually a visit is no more than 20 minutes.
7) ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE: Renters will be completely responsible for any and all damage to the home or property caused by Renters, whether accidental or due to Renters’ negligence.
8) USE OF EXTRAS: The owner makes available few beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach cooler, beach wagon, and beach toys. These items are to be rinsed after each use and kept in the garage. Use of any provided items are at Renters’ own risk and Renters are responsible for checking condition prior to use. Renters will hold the Owners harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred in using any such items.
9) ASSUMPTION OF RISK: No lifeguard may be on duty. Accordingly, persons using the beach, pool, and/or dock do so at their own risk and the owner assume no responsibility for accident or injury. No one should swim alone.
Renters will hold the Owners harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred on the property arising out of Renters’ negligent acts or omissions. See disclaimer below.
10) CHILD PROOFING: Guests understand that no special efforts have been made to “childproof” this house and accept the associated risk or harm. These risks are not limited to, but include access to the ocean, pool, dock, canal, boat lifts, adjacent street, cleaning supplies in the house and plants in the house, patio and on the street, that might be poisonous if ingested. It should be especially noted that the house and pool do not have child fencing, door alarms, or other safety apparatus, Guests are solely responsible for ensuring safe usage of the property and pool at all times.
11) FURNITURE: All furniture must be returned to its original location on Guest’s departure. Guests are responsible for any damage, or material change in condition of furniture.
12) MISSING ITEMS: Renters will be charged for any missing items reasonably attributable to Renters and not returned after notification. The cleaning service performs an inventory/survey of the property after Guests depart and notifies the Owner of any missing items. Owner will notify guests in the event that items were inadvertently taken and provide guests the opportunity to return the missing items.
13) USE OF SECURITY CAMERAS: Renters understand and accept that the property is protected with one outside security camera by the front door. This camera is used to protect the property from potential break‐ins and theft and identify visitors ringing the doorbell. There are NO cameras inside the house.
14) PERSONAL PROPERTY: Guest understands that any personal property of and used by Guest is not insured by
Owner and Owner shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or missing property of the Guest or property of Guest left after checkout.
15) GARAGE REMOTE: The property has one garage remote.
16) BEACH/WATER CONDITION: Guest understands that Owner has no control over the condition of the beach or water, and cannot be held liable for any changes to such conditions or any closing as ordered by any official agency.
17) NO PARTIES: This is not a party house. The Renter must be 25 years of age to book this Vacation Rental and be present during the rental period, the start of which is when the Renters enter the property and the end of which is when the Renters vacate the property. Any special occasions such as weddings, receptions, family reunions or increase of occupants (guests not registered on registration form) must be disclosed at the time the reservation is made and is subject to Owner’s advanced approval. Prom parties, fraternity or sorority parties and graduation parties are not allowed at any time. Adults cannot rent property on behalf of underage guests, no exception.
Violation of this policy may result in the immediate eviction of the Renters, no Refunds will be provided. Note that should a party be reported to the Owner, Owner may enter property to verify without prior notice.
If the Police is called out to the property, the damage deposit will be forfeited.
18) NON‐SMOKING: This is a NON SMOKING vacation rental, both inside and out. Evidence of smoking, such as the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke inside the home, remnants by the pool, burn holes in furniture, etc. is sufficient
basis to charge the renter for smoke cleanup and removal from carpeting, AC ducts & filters and furniture, and any
damage incurred. The damage deposit will be forfeited.
19) PETS: Maximum of two small dogs (<15lbs) are allowed upon Owner pre-approval. A $200 pet fee will be added to your rental fee. Pets must be leashed when outside the property fence and owners MUST poop scoop all areas. Pets are not allowed on the beach. Although the property id fully fenced, Owners do not guarantee nor warrant the security of the fence. Any poop that is not cleaned by Renters will incur an additional cleaning charge of $100 that may be taken from the damage deposit.
20) USE OF ROOMS: The entire property is available for your use. The kitchen on the lower is not stocked and should not be excessively used. There is a cleaning closet on the lower level that is to remain locked.
21) TRASH & RECYCLING: Trash pickup is Tuesdays and Fridays. Please put bins out the night before. Recycling pickup is Wednesdays. All pickups are early in the morning. DO NOT PUT BINS OUT ON DAY OF DEPARTURE IF IT DOES NOT COINCIDE WITH PICKUP DAYS AS WE WILL GET FINED.
22) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: is a total of 8 guests, two small dogs.
23) PARKING: Parking is limited to three (3) vehicles. Owner may make one space available in the garage, but that space cannot be guaranteed and may not fit vehicle, depending on the vehicle size. No street parking is allowed.
24) SUBLETTING: Guest is not authorized to let or sublet all or any part of the premises nor assign the lease or any interest in it without the prior written consent of the Owner.
25) CHECK‐IN & CHECKOUT: Check‐in is at 4:00 PM and checkout is 10:00 AM. A late checkout is subject to a late checkout fee of $100/ 30 minutes. Guests may arrange for extra nights in advance to avoid any late checkout fees. Extra nights are charged at the daily rate and may be granted if available. If Guests are not present when cleaning crews arrive and have left their possessions in the house, cleaning crews will collect their possessions and remove them from the premises in order to prepare the unit for incoming guests and Guest will be charged $150 for this service. PLEASE checkout promptly, the cleaning crews have a very short time window to prepare the unit for new guests.
26) CHECK‐OUT PROCEDURES: Renters are responsible to complete the check‐out procedures in the provided guest package that includes a check out list. Utensils, dishes and cookware are to be cleaned and dishwasher started upon checkout.
27) HOLDING OVER: Because of the nature of Owner’s business (short term winter and summer recreational rentals) Guest understands, and is hereby put on notice that any unauthorized “holding over” of the property past the stated rental period could severely jeopardize Owners business and cause loss of rental income from other
previously booked guests, temporary and/or permanent loss of business, goodwill and reputation and, among other things, could force Owner to breach an agreement with similar short term summer and winter recreational Guest(s) who may have reservations during Guest’s unauthorized “holding over” period. In the event, Owner may be legally liable in damages to said other guests. Guests should be aware that unauthorized “holding over” has been construed as a factor in establishing “malicious continuing occupation” of rental property, which may entit Owner to treble damages in any unlawful detained action. Guest also recognizes the unauthorized “holding over” could be grounds in court as a cause of action for intentionally interfering with Owner’s prospective business advantage. In addition, we will charge $100.00 per half hour past 10:00 a.m. on day of check out, unless approved prior by Owner.
28) RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES: It is specifically agreed and understood that the relationship between the parties
herein shall be deemed to be of proprietor and lodger or Guest as opposed to a relationship of landlord/tenant.
Guest specifically waives and make inapplicable to this lodging the provisions of Florida landlord/tenant Law.
29) REMEDIES: In the event of a default to the Rental Agreement, particularly, but not limited to Guests
unauthorized “holding over” or those acts mentioned above in this agreement, and in addition to all other rights and remedies Owner may have at law, Owner shall have the option, upon written notice or as the Law may hereinafter provide, Owner may immediately re‐enter and remove all persons and property from premises. In such an instance, the Rental Agreement will be terminated, and Owner shall be entitled to otherwise recover all damages allowable under the Law. The Guest, as part of the considerations of this special rental, in recognition that this property is booked in advance by other Guests throughout the year, hereby waives all claims for damages that might be caused by Owner; re‐entry and taking possession of premises or removing or storing property as herein provided, and will hold Owner harmless from loss, costs and damages occasioned thereof, and no such re‐entry shall be considered or construed to be a forcible entry as defined in the Florida Code of Civil Procedure or other similar statutory provisions. Further, if for any reason Owner is unable to deliver possession of the premises to Guest at the commencement of the term specified in the Rental Agreement, Owner shall refund amounts paid by Guest, but shall not be liable for any other damages caused
30) ATTORNEYS FEE/DEFAULT: If any legal action or proceeding (including default, non‐payments, etc.) arising out of or related to this Rental Agreement is brought by either party to this Rental Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive from the other party, in addition to all other relief that may be granted, the reasonable attorney’s fees, costs and expenses incurred in the action or proceeding by the prevailing party.
31) INDEMNIFICATION: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Owner for any liability arising before
termination of this Rental Agreement for personal injuries or property damage caused by the negligent, willful or
intentional conduct of Guest(s). This indemnification agreement does not waive Owner’s duty of care to prevent
personal injury or property damage when that duty is imposed by law.
32) PRIOR AGREEMENTS: No prior agreement or understanding not contained in writing herein shall be effective.
Furthermore, Owner, other than what is specifically written and set forth herein, makes no other or further
representation regarding the nature, character and quality of the premises to be rented, and no representation shall be deemed to exist or be material unless and until it is reduced to a writing and signed by the parties. This Rental Agreement may be modified in writing only and must be signed by the parties in interest at the time of the
modification. It constitutes the entire agreement of the parties. If any provision in this contract held by any court to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
33) FORUM SELECTION, JURISDICTION, LAW AND VENUE: The parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the District Court of the State of Florida for Pinellas County and/or Municipal court for the city of Indian Rocks Beach for the resolution of all disputes arising under this Agreement. The sole and exclusive venue (i.e. place where lawsuit may be filed) for any legal proceedings shall be in the County of Pinellas, Florida. Guest expressly waives any other right or privilege with respect to the election of venue or court (i.e. state or federal) and location of the venue of action. GOVERNING LAW – It is expressly agreed that this Agreement shall be governed and construed by the laws of the State of Florida only, irrespective of the state of residency of Guest.
Renters understand that the Homeowners are not responsible for any personal injury caused by slipping or tripping on pavers or surfaces, and that tenants are responsible for exercising care when surfaces are wet or slippery due to weather, use of hoses, use of tanning sprays, or any other natural or Renter cause areas, and further, that the homeowners are not responsible for any personal injury or loss or damage to tenants’ property caused directly or indirectly from foul, inclement weather conditions, Acts of God or nature, failure of heat, accidents related to fire, heaters, stoves, tenants’ failure to take adequate precautions around wet areas, or any unforeseeable circumstances. Under no circumstances will Tenants or their guests hold the Owners of the Vacation Rental responsible for any damages or claims of any kind resulting from their stay, except for intentional acts of harm. This agreement and disclaimer apply to Renters and all guests in the Renters’ party. By any member of the Renters entering the personal access code provided in the check in document and/or entering the property, I, the Renter, have read, understand, agree to, and will abide by this rental agreement and all conditions stated herein.